Come to the European Social Forum in Malmö 17th-21st September 2008! This is the first time the ESF takes place in the Nordic countries. We hope for at least 20 000 participants. You and your organisation are needed to make it happen!
The Forum begins in 33 days! Register Now!
1. MOBILISATION: The Nordic Organising Committee has made mobilising journeys to Eastern and Western Europe during the spring and early summer. Now we need your help to mobilise on the spot!
- spread the ESF word among your members, affiliates, partners and friends!
- Help spreading our material, especially the Solidarity Fund pins (costs SEK 20 or 2 euros). You will find banners and other material on our website www.esf2008.org
2. INFORMATION/PRESS/MEDIA: The ESF Malmö has opened the registration for a number of things on the website www.esf2008.org:
- individual registration for participation (EUR 40, 20 or 10)
- organisation registration for participation (EUR 50 or 250)
- stall registration if you wish to have a space for your information at the forum (for prices see the website)
- Volunteer registration
- Press registration – under the link "Press" in the left menu
NB: you can pay online for your registration on the website!
3. PROGRAM and CULTURE: the program is soon finalised! The 800 activities have now been successfully merged into about 200 and the locations and dates are being set. The invoices are already being sent out. If you have registered an activity, please wait for the invoice or a confirmation of the registration.
The culture program promises to be extensive during this forum! Nearly 400 culture activities will be taking place in Malmö on 30 different locations – on stages, streets and in movie theatres among other places. It includes over 200 organisations and 100 international participants, focusing on change and alternatives.
4. ACCOMMODATION: when registering you can ask for accommodation in schools or big tents. This costs EUR 5/day. There is also some places to rent in caravans. Another solution is to come with your own tent, or to book one of the hotel rooms reserved for forum participants. More information: http://ww.esf2008.org/about/practical-information-1/accomodation
5. SUPPORT the FORUM: You can always support the forum preparations by putting down a gift – even small contributions are most welcome! Make yours on:
IBAN: SE76 9500 0099 6042 0453 4939
The Nordic Organising Committee
Föreningen ESF Norden 2008
c/o Kvarnby Folkhögskola
212 14 Malmö